You can choose to pay the tuition fees yourself if you would prefer not to take out the loan

You can choose to pay the tuition fees yourself if you would prefer not to <a href="">payday loan places in Eugene Oregon</a> take out the loan

Student Finance

family bank personal loans

Funding for tuition fees and living costs is available in the form of loans and grants whether you are studying full-time or part-time. Student Finance must be applied for in each and every year of study for which you are seeking assistance.

Disabled Students’ Allowances

If you have a disability, long-term health condition, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty, you can apply for Disabled Students’ Allowances to help with the cost of support and specialist equipment. These do not have to be repaid.

Scholarships and Bursaries

personal loans for credit under 500

Grants are usually a non-repayable type of student finance to support you while you are studying. Grants don’t accrue interest and are non-repayable so long as an overpayment doesn’t exist and providing that you don’t leave your course early. There are different types of grants you may be eligible to apply for and this term is used to cover a range of products including Childcare Grant, Parents’ Learning Allowance, Adult Dependants’ Grant, Maintenance Grant and Welsh Government Learning Grant.

Loans are a repayable type of student finance which accrue interest and are provided to support you while studying. They include the maintenance loan and tuition fee loan.

You can apply for a tuition fee loan to cover the full amount of your fees. This is repayable, but not until you have finished your course and are earning above the repayment threshold:

  • English and Welsh Students: ?27,295per year
  • Scottish students: ?25,000 per year
  • Northern Irish students: ?19,895

You can apply for a mixture of grants and maintenance loans to help with living costs e.g. accommodation, food, bills and travel. How much you get will depend on your household income and where you will be living and studying. Grants do not usually need to be repaid but maintenance loans have to be paid back on the same terms as the tuition fee loan. This money will be paid to you in three termly instalments if you apply through Student Finance Wales, England or Northern Ireland and in monthly instalments if you apply through the Student Awards Agency Scotland.

Extra help

There are additional grants to help students from low income households who have children or who care for an adult dependant. These do not have to be repaid:

  • Child Care Grant – to help with the cost of approved childcare whilst you are studying.
  • Parents’ Learning Allowance – additional funding if you are financially responsible for any children during your studies.
  • Adult Dependant’s Grant – additional funding if you’re financially responsible for another adult during your studies.

Before you receive any funding for your higher education course at university you’ll need to meet certain eligibility criteria. Whether you qualify will depend on your course, your age and your nationality or residency status.

There’s plenty of information and step-by-step guidance on the following websites to help you to understand what you can get, how and when to apply and how you repay:

The quickest and simplest way to apply is online. You should apply as early as possible once the application service opens to make sure you get your money in time for the start of your course.

For courses with multiple intake dates and course locations, please make sure that you apply for Finance in relation to the correct intake month and course location.

You don’t have to wait until you have a confirmed place at University to apply. You can use your preferred choice of course and change the details later if you need to.